Grayson Highlands Backpacking Trip This Weekend
Weather looks perfect for a backpacking trip this weekend – sunny with highs in the mid 50’s and chilly at night.
- Meet at the church at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday December 1
- Cost is $4 for gas.
- The trip will be an easy, short loop in the Massie Gap/Old Orchard area of Grayson Highlands.
- Scouts need backpack packed for winter (see gear checklist on this website)
- Scouts can cook individually or in pairs – food resource information is also on the website.
- The group will return to the church early Sunday afternoon.
- Need RSVP as soon as possible – please let us know at the troop meeting.
- If you need to borrow gear (backpack, warm sleeping bag, etc, please let us know – we have gear available to loan out)